Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Reynolds and receive a straightforward answer. Dr. Reynolds and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap and alcohol based hand rubs
- Gloves, face masks, and operatory overcoats
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
- Engineering controls in the workplace to reduce needlestick injuries
- Biohazard waste regulation
- Amalgam waste regulation
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure. The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
Imagine Smiling With the Radiance of a Beautiful Smile!
Call Us Now to Find a Smile You'll Be Happy to Show Off!